Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mortgage Rates

Anthony Hood Equity Investment Capital Office: 949-891-0067 Email: tony@equityinvestmentcapital.com website: www.equityinvestmentcapital.com Mortgage backed securities (MBS) lost -68 basis points from Friday and closed at their worst levels of 2013 which means that you saw your highest rates of 2013. MBS started the day selling off (worse pricing for you) as speculation among bond traders that the Fed would begin tapering their monthly MBS purchases on Sept 18th continued to mount. There were no economic release or Treasury auctions. Once again, the stock market and bond market moved in the same direction (both sold off). If I were considering financing/refinancing a home, I would.... Lock if my closing was taking place within 7 days... Lock if my closing was taking place between 8 and 20 days... Lock if my closing was taking place between 21 and 60 days... Float if my closing was taking place over 60 days from now... This is only my opinion of what I would do if I were financing a home. It is only an opinion and cannot be guaranteed to be in the best interest of all/any other borrowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment